elaine

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> elaine wrote:
>

> > About 58% coconut milk . Damn - I've never, ever cooked with coconut,

milk
> > (or cream) - This is my first time. And I would never use evaporated

milk
> > in a recipe (chowders yes).
> >
> > Think I'll use half the can; taste and if necessary add water & lime
> > juice........... perhaps it will be wonderful!
> >

> Coconut milk is great stuff to cook with. One sort of Thai dish that I do
> occasionally uses it. You put some oil in a pan, add a spoonful of curry

paste,
> stir it around, toss in some chopped onion, then throw in some diced

chicken
> (seasoned with salt beforehand), then red pepper strips. Then add a small

can of
> coconut milk and a spoonful of fish sauce. Serve in rice.

Well I wimped out and went to the store for coconut milk. It wasn't sweet
at all.

And with the basmati rice (peas added at the end) what a great meal. Much
the same as the above - but with pork marinated in garlic, curry paste,
ginger ,soya and lemon zest.

It was really good .