Dave Smith

elaine wrote:

> About 58% coconut milk . Damn - I've never, ever cooked with coconut, milk
> (or cream) - This is my first time. And I would never use evaporated milk
> in a recipe (chowders yes).
>
> Think I'll use half the can; taste and if necessary add water & lime
> juice........... perhaps it will be wonderful!

Coconut milk is great stuff to cook with. One sort of Thai dish that I do
occasionally uses it. You put some oil in a pan, add a spoonful of curry paste,
stir it around, toss in some chopped onion, then throw in some diced chicken
(seasoned with salt beforehand), then red pepper strips. Then add a small can of
coconut milk and a spoonful of fish sauce. Serve in rice.