Furious Shepherd

"kstrueh" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Contemplating a summer 2005 trip to NY Finger Lakes region. Wineries
> to visit? Places to stay? Our taste runs to dry and sturdy in both
> whites and reds, but we are certainly open to exceptional eisweins (I
> think they may call them ice wines there?)

On Senece Lake, I really liked the following (in order of preference):

East side of lake:
Wagner Vineyards - good wines, excellent beers and a nice restaurant for
lunch
A****er Estates Vineyards
Logan Ridge Estates Winery
Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards
Red Newt Cellars

West side:
Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard
Glenora Wine Cellars
Lakewood Vineyards
Earle Estate Winery & Meadery is an interesting stop if you like mead

Castel Grich Estate Winery has a terrific view, decent wines and looks like
a very nice Bed & Breakfast. Also, a walk through Watkins Glen State Park is
time well spent.

On Keuka Lake, Dr Frank's Wine Cellars is worth a visit.