Kake L Pugh

Steve > wrote:
> When I cook amaranth I usually use 1/3 cup dry amaranth to 1 cup water.
> Would I use the same volumes with the over night soak?

That sounds about right. You don't have to be spot-on accurate,
though. If it needs more liquid when you look at it in the morning,
then you can add more liquid.

> How long would I microwave it for?

Until it's done Seriously, you can eat the soaked grains uncooked
if you really want (though I do find the amaranth sticks in my teeth a
bit much when I eat it like that), so the length of time you cook it
for depends on how much you want it cooked. Cook it a bit and then
try it. You may like it just barely softened, or cooked to mush. If
you want an educated but untested guess on an upper limit, I doubt it
would change much past 8-10 minutes' microwaving, assuming a modern
microwave and sufficient liquid.

Kake