Laurie

"Mr. Gorilla" > wrote in message
>> wrote:

> I have seen the light, brother! You guys are right about this. According
> to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary definition of religion;
>
> # "4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and
> faith"
>
> And furthermore, the definition of faith:
> # "3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction"
>
> It's obvious that veganism falls under that definition (ie: a cause held
> onto with adore and believed with strong conviction). So do a lot of other
> things that I wouldn't normally consider to be "religions".

So, all scientifically-established "principle(s) or system of beliefs"
are therefore "religion"??
E.g. ALL mathematicians, math teachers, and students who believe that
the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter is 3.14159...
are mere religious zealots?
And how about all those facts and laws firmly established by science?
Are those who believe that the Earth is in orbit around our Sun, a fact
well established by science and no longer questioned, which was vehemently
opposed by established religion, are practicing religion??
The well-determined fact that the acceleration of gravity on this planet
is 32 ft/sec/sec is really a bit of religious dogma in disguise?

Laurie