Ulrike Westphal

"Scott" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In article >,
> Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady > wrote:
>
>[snip]

Perhaps I'm too late, but while I'm putting my cookbooks in order I found
"Mehlspeisen aus Österreich with the following recipe

-==== REZKONV-Recipe - RezkonvSuite v0.98

Title: Linzertorte
Categories: Cake, Austria
Yield: 1 Recipe

250 grams (8.8 oz.) Butter
250 grams (8.8 oz.) Sugar
3 Eggs
270 grams (9.5 oz.) Peeled and grated almonds
250 grams (8.8 oz.) Flour
1 1/2 teasp. Baking powder
1 Egg, whisked for brushing
1 1/2 teasp. Ground cinnamon
Grated lemon peel
100 grams (3.5 oz.) Red currant jam for spreading, ca.

============================== SOURCE ==============================
Eva Barkos, Mehlspeisen aus Oesterreich 1995
-- Edited *RK* 12/29/2004 by
-- Ulrike Westphal

Mix butter and sugar until foamy, add eggs, almonds, flour, bading
powder, cinnamon and lemon peel.

Fill two thirds of the dough into a buttered and floured round pan
(26 cm = 10 "). Give the remaining third of dough into a pastry
press and form a lattice. (Alternatively you can form the remaining
dough with flour to long rolls and form a lattice.) Brush with the
whisked egg and bake at 175 - 200 °C (350 - 390 °F) for 20 - 30
minutes. Remove from pan and let cool, than spread the jam between
the lattice.

You also can give a wafer on the unbaked dough, spread the jam and
than form the lattice.

=====

Ulrike