Jay Santos

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>>You're holding me responsible though.

>>You DO share moral responsibility for the deaths. They
>>occur in the course of satisfying your food demand, and
>>you KNOW they occur, and you do NOT NEED to
>>participate. By knowing about the deaths and
>>voluntarily participating, you share in the
>>responsibility for the deaths that you believe to be
>>not just wrong, but ABSOLUTELY wrong.

> Nope. They're just wrong. Not absolutely.

They're ABSOLUTELY wrong, in your view. They have to be.

>>>Why assume they all do?

>>They all do.

> So you would have me boycott all foods?

No. I'd have you grow your own.

>>>Gee, I guess when you become vegan, you can
>>>do it your way. I'll do it mine.

>>You are not doing anything morally significant. You
>>are not entitled to feel "good" about yourself, because
>>you aren't doing anything good. You're still very much
>>participating in something you believe to be ABSOLUTELY
>>wrong.

> Nope. It's just wrong, not absolutely.

It's absolutely wrong, in your view. There's no
alternative.

> I feel good about myself.

Your good feelings are unjustified and pathetic. You
have not made any moral improvement.

>>>The research
>>>you suggest is beyond my means and just ridiculous.

>>No it's not, you lazy pothead skank. You just don't
>>WANT to do it. You'd rather smoke pot and continue to
>>let animals die so you can eat.

> How dare I not want to starve!

No one said anything about starving.

>>>Say it all you want

>>No, YOU'RE the one saying it:
>>
>> Killing animals is wrong.
>> Skanky Carpetmuncher - 31 Dec 2004, 4:06PM PST

> You know, when you're quoting someone to make
> a point

I quote her accurately. Always.

> As far as the quote goes, I just said killing animals
> is wrong. I didn't use the word absolute.

It's implied by the absence of any modifier. You can't
possibly spin it as being "a little bit" wrong, or
wrong "some of the time". You just said it is wrong,
period. That MEANS absolutely wrong, no ifs, ands or buts.

Why are you voluntarily and knowingly participating in
something that you believe is wrong?