Jerry

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:16:12 -0800, Dave Bell
> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 wrote:
>
>> So, your cost per ounce is.....? Forgive me if I can't do the
>> arithmetic - I had a glass of pinor noir with dinner and I can barely
>> type.

>If I got this right, it's:
>
>24 pods cost $58.
>Used 6 pods ($14.50) in a pint of 190 proof grain alcohol.
>I'm guessing that was around $12, but I could be way off.
>$14.50 + $12 = $26.50 for 16 ounces UNcut. Times 40% = $0.66 per ounce.
>
>Not bad.
>
>Dave

Actually, (this is a little embarrassing) the 190 proof stuff here in
a North Carolna state ABC store sells for about $10/fifth. It's
straight clear grain alcohol, and I can't imagine how they can sell
it, but this is moonshine country (who knows). The stuff is so
flammable, you have to be extrememly cautious when using it anywhere
near an open flame (better to put out the flame,or risk burning the
shack down). Can't even imagine some one taking a drink out of the
bottle. Goes by various inconspicuous brand names.

I also infused the peelings of several oranges in it for a few months,
and I just add it to dessert foods for flavoring with an eye dropper.
Goes very well with sugar cookies and such.

!/4 lb is the minimum you can order from this source (atlantic spice),
so $58 is a lot, but if one got a few more people interested in a well
split order, each could have some really cheap premium vanilla for
much less than the retail value (at lesser quality).