silentking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Darcy Legare > wrote in
> news:1103774238.c8feb92ddc364ce3e169014edefbedd5@t eranews:
>

>>I recently received a baking stone, minus the instructions and box. I do
>>not have any idea how long to preheat the stone prior to use and how
>>long it should be used as opposed to time in oven without the stone. If
>>any one can help me I would be very happy to begin using the stone.
>>Thank you

> Place the stone in a cold oven (I keep my stone in the oven all the time),
> and preheat at least 30 minutes. I don't generally adjust the baking time.
> The object is not to speed up cooking, but to improve the crust of most
> things baked on the stone. Your oven temperature remains the same as if the
> stone wasn't there.

But I thought the Baking Stone (in addition to what you stated) was to
even out the temperature inside the oven to keep it at a constant
temperature. Is this an additional function of the stone? My oven is the
worst one ever made (really!) and I was thinking of getting some
Baking Stones for this purpose.