Jenn Ridley

Joanne > wrote:

>Hey Thanks,
>Grandma always made the "dough" and we girls always did the frying.
>Memory fails me on the type of gas/electric stove or pan used.
>However, since my dough seemed "right" I'm going to try again using my
>wok which I can maintain a temp. on. I HATE my gas stove!

Use a candy thermometer to check the oil temperature.

Controlling oil temperature should be easier on a gas range than on an
electric range. A gas burner will put out the same amount of heat all
the time. An electric burner cycles on and off.

I've had *much* better luck deep-frying on a gas stove than on an
electric stove.
--
Jenn Ridley :