Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:08:28 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>BROWN SUGAR in Linzer Torte? With the dominant flavor of molasses?
>Also, how would it alter the texture of the dough? I cannot
>imagine a molasses flavored Linzer Torte.

Light brown sugar, actually - that has a much milder flavor, almost
unnoticeable in cakes. That's another one of my mother-in-law's own
changes. She was religiously opposed to refined white sugar, and
substituted for it in many creative ways. For instance, instead of
sugar in her cheesecake, she reconstituted dried apricots and ground
them into a paste. Seriously!

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>