Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:08:28 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>I have no idea how the dough would be without flour, but using the
>amount specified in the recipe makes for a nice consistency.

My mother-in-law's recipe was one she used during Passover so I'm
certain she never used any flour in it. It could just be an adjusted
for Passover version.

>I have
>used finely ground hazelnuts, hazelnuts, but not toasted, which is not
>a traditional flavor for this cake. Here in New York City, almonds
>and hazelnuts cost the same, so I use mostly almonds for this cake and
>for Vanilla Crescents. I have not made Linzer Torte for several years
>now.

I know that hazelnuts aren't traditional for a Linzer, but we got used
to the taste over the years. Why they're less expensive than almonds
here, I'll never know - since almond trees grow everywhere in this
country.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>