J.C. Scott

usual suspect wrote:
> J.C. Scott wrote:
> > I quoted from Northern Illinois
> > University which stated:

> Citation please. NIU doesn't throw out this kind of bullshit.

Too late.

> > Risk of death from heart attack by average American man: 50%
> > Risk of death from heart attack by average American vegetarian man:

15%
> > Risk of death from heart attack by average American purely

vegetarian
> > man: 4%

> Or did you get this "NIU" information out of a book like Diet for a

New
> America by Robbins? Yeah, you're the kind who'd do that.

The link was posted earlier in the thread, which makes it clearly
apparent your observational skills far exceed that of, say, the average
garden rake.

> > I would never ask anyone to let the facts contort their

expectations of
> > reality, however.

> Other than yourself, you mean.

Correct. Other than yourself.

with

> >>There are also potential health risks associated with eating

produce:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...od-cover_x.htm

the

It's probably a

> > Yes, of course. I can see the line of Forbes 500 fruit and

vegetable
> > suppliers for miles.

> Maybe you should investigate which individual crops hire lobbyists in

> Washington, DC, as well as in state capitals. The "meat industry," as

> you call it, is but a drop in the bucket. Why is so much "corporate
> welfare" (as some are wont to call it) tied to grain crops?

> >>That's anecdote, not evidence.

> > Nice assertion,

> Not an assertion. A fact.

Ah yes, the sound of chirping crickets, as we wait for that citation
regarding which parts of the lecture are anecdotal that you're going to
provide.