SonoranDude

"tejas" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Charles Gifford" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> >
> > "SonoranDude" > wrote in message

> > > In respect of my Nipponese farming friends many of them grew these

> "japs"
> > > for sale at market in and around the Phoenix area... I appologize for

> the
> > > use of the capital letter, my mistake. Is it cool to call potatoes

> spuds?
> > > Jeesh... it's people like you that ruin it for everyone on usenet.

> > My Japanese-American farming friends would have found the term very
> > offensive. Just as I do. I agree with Jim's rather polite post.

> Then again, "jap chiles" or "chiles japonesas" show up in the dried chile
> section. They ain't jalapenos; they are dried serranos. But Arizona ain't
> Texas., either.
>
> T.
>

> --
> Ted Samsel

http://tbsamsel.home.infionline.net

Can't anyone let sleeping dogs lie... Yes I love the other jap chiles you
are talking about which is an offical botonical name... they are quite
popular to make the olive juice based hot sauce found in many street side
taco stands around here... My explanation was trying to correct my faux pas
for bringing in a industry used hyphenated term that many took offense to.
Just try frying your fresh jalapenos in oil and seasoning with salt. Chill
and enjoy.