silentking

Jenn Ridley wrote:
> silentking > wrote:
>

>>Thanks Vox, thats exactly what I was looking for.
>>And thanks for the critisism Roy, what a way to encourage a newbie to
>>Baking! GO Roy!

> Umm. he's got a point, you know.
>
> This is what you said:
>
>>"I've tried one from

> 1) "lite" isn't a real word.

See what I get for typing at 3 in the morning after baking all day. >:P

> 2) what do you mean by "light"? (to use the correct word) Are you
> looking for something lighter in texture? In flavor? Something that
> can be spread thinner on the cake? Something lower in calories?

Lighter in texture

> "I haven't liked the texture/taste of all three" doesn't give much
> help. What didn't you like about them? Were they too dense? Too
> sweet? Too chocolate? Too thick?

It seems if I use the amount of cocoa powder or powdered sugar listed
the frostings come out way too grainy for my tastes. I didn't like the
mouthfeel of them at all. I also think that the vanilla extract leaves
way too much of an alcohol taste in the frostings.

> --
> Jenn Ridley :

Thanks again for all your help.