On 24-Dec-2004, silentking > wrote:

> Can somebody help me with a good Chocolate Frosting recipe? I have tried
> a couple and I have not really liked the results. I've tried one from
> the Food Network, one by Wilton, and one on the back of the Hershey
> cocoa container. I haven't liked the texture or the taste of all three.
> I'm looking for something really lite. I know you can adjust the recipe
> but because of my experience I just want to "stick to the book" for now.
> Thanks again for the advice.
>
> Peter

You couldn't find anything much lighter than this:
Title: Chocolate Mousse Frosting
Ingredients
1 c cold milk
1 pk (1.4 oz) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
1 carton (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Instructions
In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
Fold in whipped topping. Frost the cake.
Recipe by: Quick Cooking - March/April 1998