Vox Humana

"silentking" > wrote in message
om...
> Can somebody help me with a good Chocolate Frosting recipe? I have tried
> a couple and I have not really liked the results. I've tried one from
> the Food Network, one by Wilton, and one on the back of the Hershey
> cocoa container. I haven't liked the texture or the taste of all three.
> I'm looking for something really lite. I know you can adjust the recipe
> but because of my experience I just want to "stick to the book" for now.
> Thanks again for the advice.
>
> Peter

You might try a whipped ganache. Use equal parts heavy cream and chocolate
buy weight. For instance you can get a cup (half pint) carton of whipping
cream and one of the gigantic, 7oz. Hershey candy bars like their "special
dark" that are sold the candy department of all supermarkets. Chop the
chocolate into small pieces, heat the cream to a simmer. Remove from the
heat and combine. When it has cooled, whip it. This will yield a very
light texture.