Peggy

You're trying to make volume and weight equal. Since sugar is denser than
flour, a higher weight of sugar could very well be less in volume than an
amount of flour that weighs less, up to a certain point.
For example, you have a cup of flour and a cup of sugar. The sugar is going
to weigh more because of its density. On the flip side, if you have six
ounces of sugar and six ounces of flour, there is going to be less sugar
than flour because of its density.
HTH
Peggy