Default Presto, Scandinavian-designed coffeemaker

I saved some of the messages posted to these groups a few weeks ago about
the new Presto coffeemaker, a Scandinavian design featuring three separate
heating elements to guarantee the water would be near the high end of the
ideal temperature range when it hits the ground coffee in the basket. I
figured that at the $40 or so price range, it might be worth a try, so I
decided to go online and order one.

On its own website:

http://www.presto-net.com/

they wanted $69.99 plus shipping and handling. Nope--We're not buying it
there.

The next stop was the Wal-Mart website where it showed up at $39.99 plus
shipping and handling. Then, on the same page, there was a note that the
item was out of stock, was unavailable, after having been available for a
time at a "close-out" price of $27.95 or something like that. It was also
claimed to be an "online exclusive", which seemed about right, because I was
not able to find it in any Wal-Mart stores, and none o the sales people had
the foggiest idea what it was, having never heard of it.

So, Presto is not available in Wally's World. Next stop, CostCo's online
operation. They have it in stock, $35.99 for members. There is a
five-percent surcharge for buyers who are not CostCo members. Then, they
collect your state's sales tax and add on a shipping and handling charge.

This little shopping exercise happened just before midnight on Monday,
December 20. Maybe I'll have the beast on my kitchen counter some time next
week.

In the meantime, have any of you actually bought and received this Presto
machine, and what do you think of it, like and dislike about it? Is it
really a fairly decent drip machine, or just another flimsy cheaply-made
piece of junk?

Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA
Phone: 1-404-814-0768

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would
have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.