Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Sat, 18
Dec 2004 15:01:06 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
Wayne Boatwright > reported:

:

>> Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:
>>> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 17 Dec
>>> 2004 22:25:17 -0800, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
>>> "pete" > reported:

>>> While in general this is true, I have to say that not all artificial
>>> vanillas are alike. Unfortunately, the stuff that I get here is
>>> sometimes so disgusting that it makes even cakes taste lousy. But
>>> recently my health food shop got in vanilla pods that were dirt cheap
>>> (relatively, that is) so I bought a bunch, and will make my own
>>> vanilla extract using one of the pods in some really nice port I've
>>> got.
>>>

>> Port? I thought to make vanilla extract you should use high quality
>> vodka and vanilla beans. Unless of course, you want to make a vanilla
>> infused port for some other baking needs.

>Bourbon is also commonly used.

I haven't got any Bourbon and I don't much care for the taste of
vodka. Might have a touch of gin in the house, though. That would be
OK, I think.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>