RsH

There are egg substitutes that you can use instead of eggs. They can
often be found in the Kosher section of a supermarket's dairy area,
and come in cartons. No egg at all... totally vegetable. I know SOME
people who use it in baking...

Also, if the allergy is to the yoke, you can buy egg white and use it
instead. That is a common allergy, but you need to check with the
allergist to be certain.

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-1081.html has the
following as egg substitutes [I've removed the ones that add their own
flavour].

* 1/4 cup of any kind of tofu blended with the liquid ingredients
in the recipe. Light or reduced-fat tofu cuts down on the fat and
calories in the finished product.

* 1-1/2 teaspoons of a commercial vegetarian egg substitute, such
as Ener-G Egg Replacer, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water. This
product is a combination of vegetable starches and works wonderfully
in virtually any recipe that calls for eggs. Natural foods stores sell
it in 1-pound boxes.

[http://www.veganessentials.com/catal...g-replacer.htm covers
that egg replacer, which you likely can make yourself as the
ingredient list is provided.]

* A heaping tablespoon of soy flour or bean flour mixed with a
tablespoon of water. This mixture works similarly to vegetarian egg
replacer.

* 2 tablespoons of cornstarch beaten with 2 tablespoons of water.
This, too, works much like vegetarian egg replacer.

* 1 tablespoon of finely ground flaxseeds whipped with 1/4 cup of
water. The flaxseeds gel and bind with the other ingredients.

>On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Spoons wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having a kids cookie decorating party next week and there's 2 kis that
>> have allergies to nuts & eggs. I wanted to do gingerbread cookie and have
>> the kids decorate them but I can't find any eggfree recipes. Or can someone
>> tell me a good cut out cookie recipe that's has not eggs.

R.S. (Bob) Heuman - Toronto, ON, Canada
Independent Computer Security Consulting
Web Site Auditing for Compliance with Standards
> or >
Copyright retained.
My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!