Ted Bell

John Coleman wrote:

> "Dutch" > wrote in message
> 8<
>
>>>Correct SN, Rick is engaged in the attempt to _use an exception to disprove
>>>a general rule_. Another favoured logical fallacy of his ilk.

>>False. "veganism" is NOT merely proposing a "general rule", if that were the
>>case I would not be here arguing. Veganism is an absolute, categorical
>>belief in a single immutable rule, "do not consume animal products".

> This isn't true, the definition simply states that a purely plant based diet
> is _an_ example of a vegan diet, not that it is the only vegan diet.

That's utterly false. "veganism" is DEFINED as the
refraining from consuming animal parts. Not merely
trying to avoid them, ACTUALLY not consuming them.

That is ALL it is, too. There is nothing in "vegan"
belief about actually NOT killing animals; it is SOLELY
a consumption rule: do not consume animal parts.
There is nothing more to it. It's no surprise that it
leads to massive moral contradictions.