Old 22-12-2004, 01:54 AM
limey

"A" wrote in message
"limey" wrote

"Andy" wrote in message

I need to buy one of these countertop boards. Some choices are marble,
wood
and silicone.

How do you clean one that won't fit in the sink or dishwasher.

Andy

Believe it or not, I use a cabinet door. It became available when we
moved into our last house because it had a (natural) dark area which
clashed with the other doors.
I've used it for years, for kneading bread, rolling pastry, etc.
That's been enough to keep the surface very slightly oiled. It's
quite big - but I never wash it - just scrape it with a bench knife.

Dora

Dora,

That's original!!! How do you keep ingredients from falling? ;-)))

Andy

(laughing) - well, the door lies flat on the counter only when I need it,
not vertical and fixed. 8~)). Works great - it's a perfectly plain flush
door, 18 x 30, solid birch.

Dora