Rodney Myrvaagnes

On 21 Dec 2004 13:32:23 -0800, wrote:

>I am thinking about buying a new set of Cast Iron Cookware . I am
>completely new to this. I want to get a good brand, not too heavy,
>affordable set. Any ideas ?

I don't know about getting a "set." And "not too heavy" is a no no. CI
is not as conductive as copper or aluminum, so it needs to be even
heavier to distribute heat evenly. I don't know a big skillet of CI
that actually is even, and my wife has trouble lifting the biggest by
its little handle.

Unless you are going to spring for enameled CI, like Le Crueset, it is
better to look in junque shoppes for old ones, which are more likely
to have the bottom ground smooth on the inside.

Get a stout 2-tined fork so you can use both hands to lift the
skillet.

Rodney Myrvaagnes J36 Gjo/a

The destruction of the World Trade Center was
a faith-based initiative. -- George Carlin