Vox Humana

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
news:20041220210724.71d342ba@wafer...
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:50:25 -0600
> "Bruce H" > wrote:
>
> > Where can I find 8x8, 9x9. sq or round cake pan that will bake on Hi or
> > Low Micro Mix in a Microwave/Convection oven?
> >
> > Not Internet, I am traveling in a Motorhome.

> You can get pyrex anywhere.
>
> Successfully baking with one in a microwave is left as an adventure for
> you to explore.

Baking in the micro/convection oven is pretty uneventful. The in the "mix"
settings, you get either 10% (bake) or 30% (roast) microwave energy in
addition to heat. The microwave assist just allows you to skip the pre-heat
cycle and speeds things up by about 25%. It's the best of both worlds. You
get good browning and even baking while cutting the over-all time
significantly. You can also generally lower the temperature by 25F. The
"mix" modes are good for items that need to bake or roast for at least 20
minutes. For things requiring shorter times, it is better to use the
convection only mode. Even then, it only takes 5 minutes to pre-heat the
oven to 350F.