Vox Humana

"Bruce H" > wrote in message
> Where can I find 8x8, 9x9. sq or round cake pan that will bake on Hi or

Low
> Micro Mix in a Microwave/Convection oven?
>
> Not Internet, I am traveling in a Motorhome.

I use regular metal cake pans in my Sharp micro/convection oven on the "mix"
settings. The instruction booklet has a pretty comprehensive discussion
(and chart) about the types of cookware that you can use in each mode. Oven
and microwave safe earthenware, ceramic, pyroceram (Corningware), and glass
are safe in all modes. Any metal cookware in addition to the previous types
is acceptable in the convection only mode. You can use disposable aluminum
cookware in any mode as long as it is at least 2/3 full and about an inch
away from the oven walls. You should observe it at first to see if arcing
occurs. For the mix modes you can use about any kind of cookware. If using
metal, make sure to observer the 2/3 full rule, don't let it get too close
to the interior walls, and adjust the position if arcing occurs. I use a
cheap aluminum 11 x 13 pan for most of my roasting on the "hi mix" setting.
I use a metal pizza pan for baking things like frozen French fries with the
"hi mix" setting, overriding the default temperature to 450F. I use metal
loaf pans to bake quick breads on the "lo mix" setting. Frozen pies in
metal pans do well on the "hi mix" setting.

Therefore, you should be able to find 8 or 9 inch square pans at about any
discount or department store. If you are really hesitant to use the metal,
you can also use Corningware or any of the glass bakeware. Sur La Table
carries a line of disposable, oven-safe paper bakeware should you be in an
location where they have a store. There is also a line of silicone bakeware
available at most larger discount and department stores that would work.
Before putting yourself through too much trouble, I would recommend that you
just try using standard metal pans. In the Sharp oven, the "lo mix" bake
setting has the microwave power at only 10% with 30% during the "hi mix"
setting. The microwave cycles are so short that there really isn't much
opportunity for arcing to occur. I love my micro/convection oven!