Jack Curry

"bk" > wrote in message

> " BOB" > wrote in message
> >
> > Cook on the grill (fat between the meat and the heat) at about 250 to

300
> > 'til a fork twists easily when inserted in the meat
> >
> > BOB
> >I use a large BGE. I plan on keeping the meat fat side up. Do you agree
> >with that?

In a ceramic, since there is plenty of radiant heat it doesn't matter too
much whether the fat is up or down, but I do my briskets (Kamado) with the
fat down. The rub you choose adds flavor to the bark, but it doesn't make
or break the cook. As BOB said, S&P, some garlic powder, maybe some paprika
are all you really need, but you can find several good rubs on the faq that
you can make yourself.
Basting doesn't help a brisket much and the opening and closing of your Egg
just adds time to the cook.
Cook a brisket at 250 - 300 with some wood mixed in with your lump until the
meat passes the fork test (twists easily when inserted into the flat).

Jack Curry