BOB

bk wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
>>
>> Cook on the grill (fat between the meat and the heat) at about 250
>> to 300 'til a fork twists easily when inserted in the meat
>>
>> BOB
>> I use a large BGE. I plan on keeping the meat fat side up. Do you
>> agree with that?

Not actually. I cook my briskets on a Kamado direct, no heat deflector,
so fat is down. With a heat deflector, I understand that you would be
correct, though I've never tried a brisket indirect. I'm not likely to
try any time soon since everyone seems to be satisfied with the results of
direct heat and fat down.
In ceramics, everything I've heard, read and experienced says that basting
is un-necessary and can sometimes actually dry out the meat since the
humidity can escape when you open the lid. Of course, YMMV.

BOB