Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 17 Dec
2004 22:25:17 -0800, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
"pete" > reported:

>hey,
>
>thanks for the tip
>
>there seems to be some logic
>to not using the Real Van if you add it before baking
>
>pete

While in general this is true, I have to say that not all artificial
vanillas are alike. Unfortunately, the stuff that I get here is
sometimes so disgusting that it makes even cakes taste lousy. But
recently my health food shop got in vanilla pods that were dirt cheap
(relatively, that is) so I bought a bunch, and will make my own
vanilla extract using one of the pods in some really nice port I've
got.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>