Dan Emerson

Default sauvignon blanc

I'm making Sauvignon Blanc for the first time, from frozen must from
Peter Brehm. I fermented cool and It has been going a long time. One
of the carboys appears to be settling its yeast load, so I suspect the
sugar fermentation is over. The larger demijohn is colored so I can't
see the change in color, but suspect it is mostly over. The specific
gravity is pretty low and hard to be very accurate with.

I know that I want to get the wine off most of the lees and sulfited.
How important is this? Can it sit on the lees for a bit? Is that
good? I've stirred the lees a couple of times. What is the best
practice here?

TIA

Dan