Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:04:45 GMT, Dave Bell
> wrote:

>Dave Fouchey wrote:
>
>>>You can often buy grain alcohol in liquor stores. Our state liquor agencies
>>>sell it. You could use that instead of vodka.
>>>

>> Yup Ever clear is one brand it works ok but seems to be a bit "harsh"
>> as compared to Vodka.
>>
>> Dave

>Well, *yeah*, at roughly double the alcohol concentration!
>Everclear would be excellent for the extractio, though. I'd start with
>the split pean in the straight alcohol, then, after a week or three,
>dilute it to (what is vanilla, 35%?) strength with pure water, and leave
>it a bit longer, to extract anything not soluble in alcohol.
>
>(another) Dave

No wonder PJ was so potent.....;-) (PJ Grape Juice, Alcohol, other
juices mixed up in a tub and well you can guess the rest...ah college)

Understood on the dilution still there is just "something" about Pure
Grain Alcohol that seems harsh even diluted. By the way I used
charcoal filtered water for dilution.

Dave F.