Dave Bell

Dave Fouchey wrote:

>>You can often buy grain alcohol in liquor stores. Our state liquor agencies
>>sell it. You could use that instead of vodka.
>>

> Yup Ever clear is one brand it works ok but seems to be a bit "harsh"
> as compared to Vodka.
>
> Dave

Well, *yeah*, at roughly double the alcohol concentration!
Everclear would be excellent for the extractio, though. I'd start with
the split pean in the straight alcohol, then, after a week or three,
dilute it to (what is vanilla, 35%?) strength with pure water, and leave
it a bit longer, to extract anything not soluble in alcohol.

(another) Dave