Mary

Default Middle Eastern Bread Recipe

Ok, I'm sure someone in this very knowledgeable group can help me here.
We have a local Middle Eastern specialty store just down the street
from our house full of wonderful spices, foods, etc. (we have a large
Armenian and Greek neighborhood in Cambridge/Watertown, MA) and we have
discovered this fantastic bread that is not unlike froccicia or naan. It
is chewy, a bit salty, and has great texture. The package says
"Matnakhash" and lists only flour, yeast, salt and water as the
ingredients. I've done a dogpile.com (much better than google) search
for "Matnakhash" and had no success with finding a recipe to try at
home. I don't speak either Armenian nor Greek and the wonderful ladies
that run the store don't seem to speak English, I can't get the recipe.

Anyone know that this bread is called or have a recipe?

Thanks and all the best,
Mary