Edwin Pawlowski

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> For Christmas Eve dinner I'll be making what the local Co-op calls a
> "pork rack of rib roast." It's like one-half of a crown rack of ribs,
> essentially a string of rib chops. Very tasty and visually appealing.

You have them in a semi circle then?

> . I could be talked into doing
> some kind of rice dish, more along the lines of a casserole.
>
> Any suggestions?

I also find plain rice to be very boring. We make a couple of variations
with veggies though, and it has much more flavor.

In a pan (we use the cast iron) sauté some onions and carrots. When near
done, add the dry rice and brown it a bit also. Now add the liquid
(preferably stock) and put on low heat to finish cooking.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

You can add peas, chopped broccoli, etc as you desire.