Piedmont

Paratwa wrote:

> I've never done more than throw few hamburgers and occasionally steaks
> on a charcoal Weber grille. I'm interested in smoking and more
> advanced grilling. Anyway my old Weber is pretty beat up and I'm
> going to replace it.
>
> I thought I'd get pretty much the same thing a 22" platinum charcoal
> Weber grille. It appears to have the accessories to help in smoking,
> but I wonder if this is a practical approach. Can one of these
> grilles really be used for indirect grilling?
>
> I've got a small family of 3 and we don't do a lot of entertaining.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Well if it was me, (I can't help but tinker!) I'd try to add an extended
body to your old Weber and make a custom WSM. Also, I would suggest
(from all the accolades found here on AFB) buying a WSM, which can be
adapted in order to grill, and you'll also have a fine smoker to boot.

--
Mike Willsey
http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...ewwelcome.msnw