bbq

Paratwa wrote:

> I've never done more than throw few hamburgers and occasionally steaks
> on a charcoal Weber grille. I'm interested in smoking and more
> advanced grilling. Anyway my old Weber is pretty beat up and I'm
> going to replace it.
>
> I thought I'd get pretty much the same thing a 22" platinum charcoal
> Weber grille. It appears to have the accessories to help in smoking,
> but I wonder if this is a practical approach. Can one of these
> grilles really be used for indirect grilling?
>
> I've got a small family of 3 and we don't do a lot of entertaining.
>
> Thanks for any help.

This is pretty much a repeat to my reply of a post a few minutes
earlier. I think the response is just as appropriate.

I would suggest a WSM and a Kettle. Reason being, with the WSM you can
load it up with fuel and regulate the temperature much more easily than
you can trying to use a kettle as a smoker. Though it does depend on
how long of a cook you want too.

IME, the kettle simply does not let you maintain a temperature very
well. If Q'en something, I like to keep the temp around 300 or less.
Using the WSM, you can use the minion method to get long cook times.
Depending on weather, you can get as long as 10 hours or more before
refueling. The kettle, my guess would be about 3 hours.

For easy Q'en, the WSM is the ticket. I own both and think that any
serious Q'er/griller on a budget should have both. They're each
designed for different purposes and do them well.

Good Luck.

BBQ