Andrew H. Carter

On 17 Dec 2004 14:47:44 GMT, (Robyn
Rosenthal) scribbled some thoughts:

>Last night I made a pot of stew with a lot of Indian spices in it and within a
>few minutes of eating it, my nose was completely stopped up and by this morning
>I feel as if I have a cold or like I have bad pollen allergies.
>
>I have never heard of food causing the symptoms of air-borne allergies and I
>was just wondering if anyone else has.
>
>The ingredients we
>
>pork
>white wine
>chicken stock (homemade)
>carrots
>celery
>garlic
>ginger
>green cardamon
>white cardamon
>saffron
>cumin
>tumeric
>black pepper
>coriander seeds
>
>The spices were all whole seeds that I ground in a coffee grinder.
>
>Thanks!
>***********************************
>Robyn Lori Rosenthal
>Sterling Cotons and Park Place Grooming
>Sterling, VA USA
>***********************************

If you haven't used those spices before, then you could be
allergic to them. If you have, but not all together in one
dish or at one time, then there could be a chemical reaction
to their interaction. Or it could be coincidence and you
just have a cold, it is that time of the year.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------