Dennis M. Reed \Califa\

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> As the recently former owner of a Solis Maestro Plus (repeatedly
> jammed, unreliable grind [varied from 15 sec to 60 sec drip time],
> required multiple cleaning out) I am going to buy a new grinder.
>
> To avoid another mishap I thought Id seek help here.
>
> It seems like the most recommended grinders are the Mazzer, Rocky, and
> Gaggia MDF - (?others in price range).
>
> I just want a reliable grinder that doesnt have a bunch of rules (dont
> accidentally run on empty! dont change setting unless grinder running!)
> and will do both espresso and drip grinds, allow me to (relatively)
> easily change beans, and fill a hopper with enough coffee to dump into
> my drip machine.

is running on empty a problem on the Rocky? I have run it to empty to use up
the last of some beans and I have not had a problem. I change the grind
setting with the Rocky turned off. changing beans is not difficult with the
Rocky except for the weight...I put in just enough beans for a pot (Krups
Moka).

> Does such a beast exist?
>
> Do the doser MDF or ROcky allow you to remove the ground bean bin to
> pour a mess of ground coffee into a drip machine?
> Thanks in advance -

I have a doser Rocky and I use a 1/3 plastic measuring cup which take 3
doses.