Bradley B.

On 15 Dec 2004 12:30:48 -0800, wrote:

>As the recently former owner of a Solis Maestro Plus (repeatedly
>jammed, unreliable grind [varied from 15 sec to 60 sec drip time],
>required multiple cleaning out) I am going to buy a new grinder.
>
>To avoid another mishap I thought Id seek help here.
>
>It seems like the most recommended grinders are the Mazzer, Rocky, and
>Gaggia MDF - (?others in price range).
>
>I just want a reliable grinder that doesnt have a bunch of rules (dont
>accidentally run on empty! dont change setting unless grinder running!)
>and will do both espresso and drip grinds, allow me to (relatively)
>easily change beans, and fill a hopper with enough coffee to dump into
>my drip machine.
>
>Does such a beast exist?
>
>Do the doser MDF or ROcky allow you to remove the ground bean bin to
>pour a mess of ground coffee into a drip machine?
>Thanks in advance -
>
>(why is this so darn complicated!)

Yeah, I remember your first post about the SMP. Changing is a good
move. What is your budget--to some extent you'll get what you pay
for. If modest, look at the reviews for the Capresso Infinity. It
should be serviceable for the Gaggia, and, if you're on the upward
spiral that is common here, it should keep you happy as long as the
Gaggia does ;-) And, if your espresso aspirations ascend, you could
always keep the Infinity as your drip/press grinder--it *really* can
be functional to have a separate espresso grinder. If you want more
than the Infinity, you might want to look at the Rocky Doserless. You
can more or less pre-measure your beans and just grind what you need
directly into a portofilter or into a cup for your drip coffees,
without measures of going stale sitting in the doser. I don't know if
the Gaggia MDF can function without a doser; others here may weigh in
on this one.

Good luck, Bradley B.

o b b m a i l PUT-@-HERE v e r i z o n AND-dot-HERE n e t
remove the spaces and the obvious to reply