Old 19-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Jarkat2002

Default Quinoa

Oh man, quinoa is great! See if you can find it at your local grocery store
(it is in mine). The thing with quinoa is you have to rince it before
cooking it. There is a bitter substance on the surface that is thought to be
produced by the grain (yes, it is a grain) to protect it from insects. Once
you rince it it is fine. Also, quinoa is one of the ancient grains and
contains all the essential amino acids. Therefore it is considered a
complete protein.

I'll get some on my next food co-op trip!
~Kat

"I think I would like to call myself 'the girl who wanted to be God'. Yet if I
were not in this body, where would I be--perhaps I am destined to be classified
and qualified. But, oh, I cry out aginst it." --Sylvia Plath