Chef R. W. Miller

Ingredients

quantity dried Cod
quarter of Cod's weight in olive oil
salt and pepper to taste and flavour with
a little finely chopped garlic

Method
Dried cod, or more properly "stockfish", came from North in exchange
for spices and has always been a major part of Venetian cuisine. It can be
prepared in many ways besides the following, which is perhaps the most
popular.

a.. In a large container, cover dried cod with water; and leave to
soak for 48 hours, changing the water periodically.
a.. Boil for 2 - 3 minutes in salted water.
a.. Divide into very small pieces, including the skin and the bit of
intestinal membrane found inside.
a.. Put these pieces into a churn (or Cuisinart with appropriate
attachment) and beat together with a quarter of their weight in olive oil
or, if preferred, vegetable oil - to be added very slowly, a littie bit at a
time.
a.. Churn until eveything is reduced to a sort of delicate cream,
then add salt and pepper to taste and flavour with a very little finely
chopped garlic. The amount of oil can be increased if necessary. Some people
add a bit of the cooking broth and / or a bit of hot milk to make creamier.

"Ray" > wrote in message
.net...
> I saw a dish on The Italian Christmas Special on The Food Network. It was

> spread for crostini made primarily with the cod and potatoes then put in

the