Vic Whirlwind

Lum,

I think you misunderstand me. The dessert apples are like a blank slate,
since they are lacking in acid and tannin. Effectively, all they bring to
the table is body. In fact, grapes, apples, and sometimes pears give the
best body, since they are really the only fruits whose fruitiness winemakers
don't have to counteract by watering down the juice.

I have already supplemented what was not there (normal acid levels) with
acid blend which, of course, is similar to the acid profile of vinifera
grapes. That's why these wines' acid profile IS like that of grapes now.

SO, if what I have in there now effectively mimics the acid profile of
grapes, could I then do MLF, later adding tartaric acid to counteract any
flatness MLF brings?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Vic