DaleW

Ewan McNay wrote:
> a darker flavour mix more to my taste.

Ah, the crucial term- "to my taste." One of the best things about
sharing a meal with geeky friends is seeing how you relate to the same
wine. Sure, you can do when someone posts on a wine you know, but your
bottle of '95 BV Tapestry tasted 6 months ago might not be the same as
mine tasted last month (aging, storage, bottle variation can all play a
part). But here I get a chance to taste the same wine and compare
reactions. Useful when reading someone's notes, to know where your
tastes tend to coincide and where they differ- and believe me, I've not
met a "palate mirror" to mine yet (in fact, some of my tasting friends
are more like 180 degree opposites). Now if we can get you and Jenny
down to Dobbs for dinner I have a better idea what I can serve you.

> Delightful meal - we had to rush off to get back for the sitter's

curfew,
> and it came as a shock to look at my watch and see that three hours

had
> gone by. Great to have both the excuse and fooodie friends to share

it with.

Indeed!