Space Cowboy

I've been to many a farmer's market and passed on the produce to find
it cheaper and fresher in the store around the corner. I just got some
good hermetically sealed rare West Lake Dragonwell cheap in Chinatown.
Not all teas are cheap in Chinatown. A 10oz Taiwan smoky pouchong will
cost you $100. I think in general estate teas are overpriced but
cheaper than an international trip.

Jim

J Boehm wrote:

> > If the most expensive part would be the shipping, why are you so

sure that
> > the sites in China talked about here are ripoffs? It would be

interesting
> > to see some cost estimates.
> >
> > /Lew

> Quite agree. I have a business associate who brought me some Oolong

from
> China, he got it in Beijing. To be honest I couldn't make out any
> difference in taste to the teas I get here in Europe, and this

Chinese guy
> complained about the high price he paid in China. I think, unless we

are
> getting into the esoteric, we are served quite well in the West, and

tea
> is a very cheap beverage in any case.
> I can also buy tea directly in India, if I really want to, shipping

costs