Bob

PENMARTHA wrote:

> You've obviously never baked a cake... cake batter does not get filled to
> the top of the pan nor do all cake batters fill alike so it cannot be
> assumed that any one cake batter fill formula works for all... like I
> said, you're no baker.
>
> That said even if a recipe indicates at what level to fill a ten inch tube
> pan it cannot be assumed that miniature pans are to be filled to the same
> level (or proportionately by volume). Cake batter does not expand linearly
> by volume. Essentially one needs to interpolate based on past experience
> (if any) and experiment.

Portnoy, you have no clue as to what I've done or not done. The poster
wanted to know equivalence. I told him how to determine equivalence. You
didn't even make an attempt to do that, so just shut the **** up.

By the way, schmendrick, cake batter *does* expand in roughly linear
proportion to its original volume, although it might get a slight kick if
it's got double-acting baking powder. If you REALLY had the expertise you
claim, you should have known that.

Bob