Wayne

Default Chocolate cake recipe name

"AT" > wrote in
:

> Would anyone happen to know the name (and perhaps have the recipe) for
> a chocolate cake that is intended to be made all in the baking dish.
> You are instructed to make 4 wells for the ingredients....and if I am
> not mistaken it has vinegar in it.
>
> I first made in in junior high home-ec many years ago. IIRC it was/is
> sometimes referred to as a snack cake.
>
> Anyone?
>
> TIA,
> Amy

My grandmother had this jotted down on a sheet of paper in an old
cookbook, but I have no idea where it actually came from. I think it's
what you want, but it only calls for 3 wells or holes in the dry
ingredients.

Wacky Chocolate Cake

1 1/2 cup cake flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp white vinegar
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Combine cake flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in sifter. Sift
into baking pan. In a cup, mix vinegar and water together.

With a spoon, make three "holes" in the dry ingredients that are in the
baking pan. Pour oil in one hole, water/vinegar mixture in the second,
and the egg in the third.

Mix until all flour is moistened. Check near the bottom of the pan to
ensure that bottom ingredients are mixed. Smooth top of batter, then bake
in preheated 375F degree oven. Test for doneness in about 35 minutes.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

Big on natural foods?? 82.38% of people die of "natural" causes.