JANIC412

Default Chicken and Dried Beef Casserole with a Mushroom Sauce

Chicken and Dried Beef Casserole with a Mushroom Sauce

1 small jar of dried beef (probably 6 ounces or so or enough to cover the
bottom of a baking dish)
4 chicken breast halves (boneless)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 8 ounce container sour cream (low fat is okay)
4 slices bacon
small jar of mushrooms-drained or 1 small container of fresh sliced
mushrooms,
sauteed in a little butter (fresh are much better)

Rinse and pat dry the dried beef-to remove excess salt. Place the dried
beef in the bottom of an oven-proof casserole. Wrap each chicken breast
half with a slice of bacon and place on top of the beef. Mix the soup
,sour cream and mushrooms-spoon over the chicken. Bake at 250º uncovered
for about 3 1/2 hours or you can also bake at 325º for about 1 1/2 hours
but the chicken will not be as tender. Serve with rice.

I like to make a little more sauce using 2 cans of soup so we have extra.
Jan

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at .
Archives: