Alex Chaihorsky

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> Thanks a lot, those are great paintings. I wonder if Great Britain has
> such a collection of pictures of people drinking tea, and if not why not.
>
> I know what you mean about the blueberries...I spent some time in Iceland
> and the low-bush blueberries there were all over the place, very tasty. I
> never got a pie made from them though. And the people I was staying with
> all drank coffee. Come to think of it, I didn't see tea once while I was
> there. Not even iced bottled tea.
>
> Melinda

Vikings were always known or their rough tastes and bad manners. Can you
imagine a Viking being invited by a samurai to share tea with a fellow
warrior?
I recently was asked to show my reaserch to a Icelander who happens to be a
friend of a very close friend of mine and just sold his beer business in
Russia and wanted to "better the world" with his money. He never even get
back at me with a polite word of thanks, let alone return any of my
confidential documents. I have no idea if this is common in Iceland today,
but it definitely fits their medieval reputation. In my practice this was
the first case like that.

Sasha.