Derek

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:59:53 GMT, Alex Chaihorsky wrote:

> Russians drink tea from teacups and also thin tea glasses with a metal
> holder, called "podstakannik" - or glass-holder.You can find them here at
> "Sovetskoj Collection" catalog and web site.
> http://secure.sovietski.com/cgi-bin/...ct/View/142211
> The best are made of fine silver. The ones above are not and are
> ridiculously expensive.

Sovietski Collection is always a bit overpriced. On the other hand, my
mother bought me a set of podstakanniki from them 10 years ago, and I
still use them.

You can also find them on eBay, although none of the ones I saw listed
this morning included the glasses themselves.

However, I have found that they are really only good if you're having
a tea break. They have very little thermal density to keep tea warm
over a longer period of time. As I tend to drink slowly throughout the
course of the day while sitting at the computer, my podstakanniki tend
to stay on the shelf.

--
Derek

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all those things from ACME,
why didn't he just order a pizza?