Andrew H. Carter

On 10 Dec 2004 23:43:42 -0800, "chromallly"
> scribbled some thoughts:

>Could any of you share some good authentic italian recipe for spaghetti
>sauce that uses real tomatoes? I've looked through google and the the
>result is somewhat limited.
>
>When a recipe calls for a can of tomatoes, how can I replace that with
>real tomatoes? Do I just throw all the tomatoes in the blender and
>measure it to 8 oz? Do I use peeled or unpeeled tomatoes?

With fresh tomatoes as opposed to canned tomatoes you will
have to plan to spend more time in the kitchen to reduce it
down to a sauce level. Canned tomatoes will greatly cut
down the time (we're talking hours), so if you need to make
spaghetti and have it ready at 5:00 pm and you start it at
2:00 pm, canned tomatoes will be done, fresh tomatoes, will
still be cooking down.

Some things I make from scratch, others I use the canned
shortcuts. TIME is the main "ingredient" to consider.
Short on time, then pure scratch may not cut it.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------